Would you like to participate in the GSG? Here are some ways to get involved, with any level of time commitment, large or small. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!
- Run for office in the GSG Executive Committee
- General elections are held each Spring.
- Volunteer at a GSG-sponsored social event or alumni mixer
- Attend a GSG Assembly meeting
- All graduate students are welcome, and may bring up new business at any meeting.
Assembly meetings are held at 6 p.m. in Room 102 of Jadwin Hall on the second Wednesday of each month.
- Become a Representative in the GSG Assembly
- Represent your Academic Department or Program, Special Interest group, or Housing Committee at GSG Assemblies. Vote on issues important to graduate students!
- Serve on a University Committee
- Join the Academic Affairs Committee
- Work to improve issues with academics and academic resources, such as Libraries, Travel and Research Grants, Fellowships, DCE status, and more!
Contact the current Academic Affairs Chair, Katie Hansen (email@example.com).
- Join the Facilities Committee
- Work to improve issues with the physical infrastructure of the University, such as Housing, Parking, Transportation and Shuttles, OIT/Computing, and more!
Contact the current Facilities Chair, Tim Brandt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Join the Health and Life Committee
- Work to improve the health services available to graduate students and their families and children, as well as campus safety!
Health services, Campus safety, Families and childcare, etc.
Contact the current Health and Life Chair, Andreana Kenrick (email@example.com).
- Join the Social Committee
- Organize and execute GSG-sponsored events, such as parties, BBQs, and more!
Contact the current Social Chair, Pablo Mosteiro (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Have something else in mind? Interested to work on a specific issue that you're concerned about? Contact us at email@example.com!