The GSG offers funding for Graduate Student Events through the Events Board. Please see the Events Guidelines page before applying for funding. Our funding application is available through SAFE (Student Activities Funding Engine). Recognized graduate student organizations, please log in with your group NetID. If you are not affiliated with a recognized graduate student organization, then please email the Events Board (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a temporary group NetID in order to apply.
When does the Events Board meet?
The Events Board meets on the first Friday of each month from 11 am – 1 pm in the large basement conference room in Clio Hall (map). One member of the requesting organization must be present at the meeting when the event is to be discussed. Time slots will be assigned one week prior to the meeting. The remaining meeting dates for the 2019-2020 spring semester are:
- April 3rd – *All April events*
- May 1st – *All May events*
- June 5th – *All June events*
Please note: If events are to be held at the Graduate College, the GC House Committee is also often able to contribute up to $500 to the event. Your group must contact the GC House Committee to inquire about funding for your event. Other funding sources include the Davis International Center.
Who is on the Events Board?
The Events Board is chaired by GSG treasurer Guanhua He (email@example.com). Other members of the committee are Nicole Barkley (Assistant Dean for Student Life), Kevin Fleming (Assistant Director of Residential Life), and Ellen Kellich (Student Life Coordinator). We are always looking for students who want to join the Board! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Events Board General Operating Rules are available here.
- Graduate School events website (access the online Events Registration Form and information about planning an event).
- Graduate School – Student Organizations.
- University Scheduling (to reserve space on campus).
- Tax Exempt Forms (print the New Jersey form to avoid paying sales tax on any food/supplies).
- Sustainable Resources – The Events Board is committed to ongoing sustainability efforts on campus, including supporting more environmentally friendly events. Eco-Products is one resource for buying green supplies for your event.
If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.