The GSG offers funding for Graduate Student Events through the Events Board. Please see the Events Guidelines page before applying for funding. Our funding application is available through SAFE (Student Activities Funding Engine). Recognized graduate student organizations, please log in with your group NetID. If you are not affiliated with a recognized graduate student organization then please email Lily Secora (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a temporary group NetID in order to apply.
Depending on the amount you are requesting, you will need to either apply 3 weeks or 6 weeks before the planned event date. Applications absolutely must be completed by Sunday night prior to an Events Board meeting.
Who is a member of the Events Board?
The Events Board is chaired by GSG treasurer Zachary Hervieux-Moore, who can be reached at email@example.com. Other members of the committee are Dean Lily B. Secora, Olivia Martel, and several members of the graduate student body. We are always looking for students who want to get involved with our decision making process! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to become a member of the board.
The Events Board General Operating Rules are available here.
When does the Events Board meet?
The Events Board meets every two weeks, on Fridays at 11AM in Clio Hall (map). One member of the requesting organization must be present at the meeting when the event is to be discussed. Time slots will be assigned on the Tuesday prior to the meeting. Upcoming meeting dates are:
- Friday, March 31 at 11am-12:30pm
- Friday, April 14 at 11am-12:30pm
- Friday, April 28 at 11am-12:30pm
- Friday, May 12 at 11am-12:30pm
- Friday, May 26 at 11am-12:30pm
- Friday, June 9 at 11am-12:30pm
Please note: If events are to be held at the Graduate College, the GC House Committee is also often able to contribute up to $500 to the event. Your group must contact the GC House Committee to inquire about funding for your event. Other funding sources include the Davis International Center.
- Graduate School events website (access the online Events Registration Form and information about planning an event).
- Graduate School – Student Organizations.
- University Scheduling (to reserve space on campus).
- Tax Exempt Forms (print the New Jersey form to avoid paying sales tax for any food/supplies).
If after reading the Operating Rules, and the contents of the GSG Events Board website you still have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.