Graduate Housing

If you have any issues, concerns, or questions regarding housing, please email

What should I do if something in my apartment or dorm room is broken?
First: Call (609) 258-8000 or visit the Facilities website to submit a work order.
If you don’t get a response within 5 days, contact Lisa DePaul, Associate Director for Graduate Student Housing. If you have ongoing, unresolved maintenance issues, email us at

Renters’ Insurance
The University requires all apartment residents in graduate housing to obtain renter’s insurance.

Useful Links: 
Graduate Housing Project
The Graduate Housing Project report can be downloaded here.

Housing Stock
Princeton provides graduate housing for approximately 70% of graduate students in 4 complexes: Lawrence Apartments, Lakeside Apartments, Graduate college, Annexes. For more information go here.

Housing draw
You can access the Housing Draw website by following this link.

Off-campus housing
For students who are unsuccessful in the on-campus housing draw, the University has created a website to assist students in finding off-campus housing. The site also contains other resources with links to other sites related to housing (avaible under the “Other Resources” menu item). Also see Tiger Trade, where many students post sublet information.

Get Involved:
Graduate Housing Advisory Board
The GSG and each of the residential policy committees meet regularly with the Housing Office and the Graduate School to discuss housing policies and procedures including the draw. Interested students should email the GSG to join the GSG Housing Committee.